Words I love.
The Word of God.
- “When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?” -Psalm 8:3-4
- For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” Romans 1:20.
- “Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.” Song of Solomon 8:6
Clive Staples Lewis.
- “A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, ‘darkness’ on the walls of his cell.”
- “I have been wandering to find him and my happiness is so great that it even weakens me like a wound. And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog.”
- “A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading.”
- “Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.”
- “Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.”
- “Want to find your husband? Run as fast as you can after God and see who is running right beside you.”
- “A woman’s heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him in order to find her.”
- “When you are born, you cry and the world rejoices. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.”
- “Christ will never be cool. Terrifying, life-changing, shocking, and iconoclastic, but never cool. Jesus is not my homeboy. The Gospel will always be “relevant” but never trendy.”
- “For me, I think the american dream has gotten this small. It can fit on an advertisment on television. It can fit on a billboard. And there’s no dream that I have that you can sell me. So this, this here, this is about a bigger dream. Jesus is not my homeboy. He’s a figure that terrifies me and puts me in place. He’s someone who shocks me most of the time. And I feel like he’s gotten this small too.”
- “You have a human being who was created in the image of God, who will spit in the face of the same image, who will kill and murder and steal from that same image. I think it was Paschal who said, ‘If you look at the atrocity of man without also looking at the fact that he was created in the image of a deity, you will be depressed. If you look at the beautiful aspects of man and forget about the terrible atrocities and what it means to be human, then you have not looked at life realistically.’”
- “Your faith is what you do daily, you can’t separate your heart from your body and keep them both alive, they’re almost the same thing.” -Jon Foreman.
- “God uses us in spite of us.”